This post is the first one of a series about scaling out WordPress.
The purpose of this series of posts can be summarized as followed:
- Experiment the different bricks (load-balancer haproxy, mysql replica, session sharing)
- What kind of performance increase we can expect ? Is the performance increase linear with the number of web fronts?
- What will be the bottlenecks ?
- What kind of tools can we easily use to stress the application ?
- What kind of tools can we easily use to measure the performance metrics ?
- CPU and RAM influence on the fronts
- APC influence of the fronts
- CPU Generation influence
- Cache influence
- Number of fronts influence
- Using Graphite
to come :